2. n., Beautiful flower (sometimes followed by -o- + place name).
3. n., Good thing (idiom).
- He nani nō ia, it's a good thing.
- Nani hoʻi ua kiʻi ʻia maila e make, he aha lā hoʻi … (Kel. 37), since [I] am indeed summoned by death, what of it …
- Nani nō ia e hele ana ʻoe i ke kula, e hoʻoikaika i ka haʻawina, since you are going to school, work hard on the lessons.
5. interjection, How much, how.
- Nani ka maikaʻi, how fine.
- Nani ka pupuka, how very ugly.
- Nani ʻino kuʻu makemake, how much I want it.
- (He may precede nani in these sentences.)
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. / This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.