1. nvi., Shortness of breath; to pant or puff for breath, as a result of overexercise or asthma.
- E noho iki iho a kuʻu ka nae, stay a bit until the puffing for breath is over [i.e., rest a bit].
- Ke nae iki nei nō, some breath remains [as of a dying person].
2. nvs., Fragrant, sweet-smelling; fragrance.
- He ʻala ka nae o ka palai (song), the perfume of the palai fern is sweet.
3. n., Fishing net with small meshes; net structure to which feathers were attached for feather capes.
4. To give or parcel out equally, as food.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log