1. nvs., Cut short, shortened, amputated; at an end, ceased; anything cut off short; short, brief, quick (rare).
- Ua muku koʻu lole, my dress is shortened.
- He kanaka wāwae muku, a person with amputated foot.
- Huli muku aʻela nā waʻa, the canoes turned sharply.
- PPN mutu.
2. n., A measure of length from fingertips of one hand to the elbow of the other arm, when both arms are extended to the side.
3. n., Broken section of a wave or crest.
- See lala #1.
4. (Cap.) Same as Mumuku, a wind.
5. (Cap.) n., Thirtieth night of the moon, when it has entirely disappeared (muku).
- Malo 35.
6. n., Starboard ends of ʻiako (outrigger booms), hence starboard sides of a canoe.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log