1. loc.n., Before, ahead, forward, in advance, future, front, first, former, foremost, primary, principal; previously, beforehand; oldest, older brother or sister; senior branch of a family; leader, senior partner, senior; more than.
- I mua! Mamua! Forward! Holo i mua, to progress, go forward.
- Kēia mua iho, the near future.
- Kēia mua aʻe, fairly near in the future.
- Kēia mua aku, distant future.
- Mamua aku nei, some time ago.
- Ua noho ʻoia i mua o ke aliʻi, he stayed in the presence of the chief.
- I mua ou, before you.
- I mua i hope, back and forth.
- ʻAʻole i … mamua, never before.
- ʻAʻole au i ʻike iāia mamua, I've never seen him before.
- ʻO kō mākou mua loa ia, he is our eldest.
- Na ka mua, na ka muli, belonging to the older [sibling], belonging to the younger [sibling] [a way of describing the parentage of first cousins].
- Hele mua, older brother or sister, senior branch of a family; to go ahead or first.
- ʻOi kēia mamua o kēlā, this is better than that; literally, superior this before that.
- Gram. 8.6.
- PPN muʻa .
2. n., Men's eating house.
Moʻolelo loli i Wehewehe Wikiwiki ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log