1. nvi., To disappear swiftly; to move swiftly, as a stream of water; to make off with quickly; to steal; to wilt; to depart quickly; current.
- ʻIo o mio lani (For. 6:395), hawk disappearing into the sky.
- Ua mio ʻia aku nei ke kālā a Paulo, Paul's money was quickly stolen.
- Maʻō i mio aku nei, went swiftly that way.
- E holo pololei ai kona waʻa ma ka mio a ke kai (Nak. 114), his canoe sails straight with the current of the sea.
- See palamio.
2. vs., Narrow, pointed, tapering.
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. / This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.