nvs., Parent, any relative of the parents' generation, as uncle, aunt, cousin; progenitor; Catholic father; main stalk of a plant; adult; full-grown, mature, older, senior. Figuratively, benefactor, provider, anyone who cares for one; the Lord (God).
- Kamika Makua, Smith Senior.
- Ē ka Makua (Ka Nonanona, beginning of a letter, Sept. 5, 1843), Sire.
- Makua Laiana, Father Lyons [the Hawaiians' name for the Rev. Lorenzo Lyons, 1807–1886].
- ʻO kō mākou Makua i loko o ka lani, our Father who art in heaven.
- ʻO koʻu makua aku ana kēia, this one will be the one who cares for me in the future [may be said by a parent of his child].
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. ｜ This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.