1. n., All native and introduced species of buttercups (Ranunculus 🌐), coarse herbs with subdivided leaves and small yellow flowers.
- Neal 351.
2. n., A native perennial herb (Peucedanum sandwicense 🌐), in the parsley family, with coarse leaves much subdivided and tuberous roots that were used medicinally.
3. n., A native fern (Botrychium subbifoliatum), with fronds fan-shaped and lobed much like leaves of buttercups.
4. nvi., To blush; red, as with sunburn; bloodshot.
5. n., Kukui lamps, as burned all night while court retainers told stories to the chiefs; courtiers who told such stories; venerable statesmen who had served under three kings, presumably in three generations, perhaps so called because the makou torch consisted of three strings of kukui nuts.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log