1. nvs., Weary, tired, fatigued; wearisome, burdensome, tiresome, laborious, tedious; burden, wearisome or tedious task; labor, work, pains, toil.
- Koʻu luhi, my fatigue.
- Hiki anei iaʻu ke hoʻoluhi iāʻoe, may I trouble you [a polite preface to a request].
- PCP lu(f,s)i.
2. nvt., A child or other person tended and raised with devoted care; to care for and attend with care and affection; protégé.
- Kaʻu luhi, the person I care for.
- Luhi wahine ʻia, to be cared for and raised by a woman.
- ʻO Laʻakea, ka luhi a Nāmaka, Laʻakea is devotedly cared for by Nāmaka.
- Ua luhi ka makua kāne iāia, the father cared for him with devotion and patience.
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. / This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.