1. nvt., Cloth, clothes, costume, dress, gown; to wear clothes.
- Komo i ka lole, to put on a dress.
- Cf. ʻaʻa lole.
2. vt., To unfold, turn inside out, reverse; to strip or peel off, as bark; to skin, flay (Mika 3.3); to scalp; to handle, turn over with the hands.
- Hele akula ʻo ʻŌmaʻokāmaʻu … lālau ihola i ka ʻauwae (a Hākau) a lole aʻela i luna (FS 141), ʻŌmaʻokāmaʻu went … grabbed (Hākau's) chin and yanked it up.
- PCP lole.
3. n., Depigmentation, as of palm of hand or soles of feet.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log