1. nvs., Yellow, yellowish; jaundice; bile.
2. n., Variant name for the ʻōlena or turmeric plant.
3. vi., To stretch out, as to dry; to draw tight, as a belt; to sight or aim; to bend, as a bow.
- Lena ka maka, to stare threateningly.
- Lena nō lākou i kō lākou mau alelo, e like me kō lākou kakaka, no ka wahaheʻe (Ier. 9.3), they bend their tongues like their bows for lies.
5. (Cap.) n., Name of a star, perhaps Sirius.
6. (Cap.) n., Name of a yellow-tinted rain famous at Hanalei, Kauaʻi, and on Maui.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log