1. nvs. Floating, buoyant; moored, afloat, adrift; to drift, lie at anchor, as a fishing canoe (For. 4:295); calm, still, as water; anchor.
- Huki ka lana (Nak. 87), pull in the anchor.
- Lana ke koko, buoyant blood [of youth]; to circulate, of blood; high blood pressure (Kam. 64:43).
- Lana ka manaʻo, hopeful, without worry, thoughtful; to want.
- Inā e maʻi kekahi kanaka, lana kona manaʻo i ke kauka, when a person is sick, he wants a doctor.
- Lana mālie iho hoʻi ka manaʻo me ka nani lei ʻawapuhi (song), thoughts of the beauty of the ginger lei are serene.
- Cf. hālana, manaʻolana.
- Probably PPN langa .
2. n. Lowest floor of the oracle tower where offerings were placed.
3. vs. To be aware of noises as one wakes.
- Lana ka hiamoe, awakening from sleep.
4. n. Frog.
- Latin rana, a genus.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log