laa/ LAA /
1. v., To be holy; to be set apart for holy purposes; e hookaawale i na waiwai i hoanoia. Puk. 30:29.
2. To be devoted to any person; to be consecrated to a particular use or purpose, generally religious; to be under or bound by an oath. Laieik. 38. By a kiss. Laieik. 126.
3. To be devoted to destruction or death. Ios. 6:17. A ike mai la na ilamuku o Liloa ua laa keia keiki no ka ae ana ma kahi kapu, and the sheriffs of Liloa saw that the child was devoted (had forfeited his life) on account of his climbing over a kapu place (fence.)
4. To be defiled; to become impure by mixing one plant with another of a different kind. Kanl. 22:9.
5. Hoolaa. To sanctify; to be sanctified; to be devoted; to be set apart as sacred, or for sacred purposes. Puk. 13:2. To make sacred or holy; to revere; to dedicate, as a temple or image. Dan. 3:2. To devote. Oihl. 18:11.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log