- Mea laʻa, consecrated or holy one or thing.
- Lāhui laʻa, consecrated nation.
- Cf. laʻahia.
- PCP laka.
- E mālama hoʻi ʻoukou iā ʻoukou iho i nā mea i laʻa, o laʻa ʻoukou i kō ʻoukou lawe ʻana i nā mea laʻa, a hoʻolilo ʻoukou i ka ʻIseraʻela i mea laʻa, a hoʻopilikia hoʻi iā lākou (Ios. 6.18), protect yourselves from accursed things, lest ye make yourselves accursed, when ye take of the accursed thing, and make of the Israelites a cursed thing, and indeed cause them trouble.
- Ā laʻa, ā laʻa lā, so you did get in trouble, hurt, serves you right! I told you so! A laʻa kō kū i ke aʻu, so you did get jabbed by a swordfish [get into trouble].
- A laʻa kō hāʻule lā, there you did fall.
4. Same as palai ʻula, a fern.
5. To propagate plants by inarching.
- Cf. kākiwi.
- E laʻa me kēia, besides this, like this, for instance, thus, such as this.
- ʻO ka launa nui aku i ka wahine ʻē, e laʻa me ka wahine i ke kāne ʻē, much association with a different woman, as well as the woman with a different man.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log