1. n., Edge, rim, border, boundary, margins, brim.
- See nihi for PPN
- Cf. kaunihinihi.
2. Small quantity, particle, a little bit, minutia; slight.
- ʻIke lihi, to glimpse.
- Lihi kamaʻāina, slight knowledge, casual acquaintance.
- ʻAʻohe ona lihi hoʻomaopopo iki, he didn't in the least understand.
- ʻAʻole lihi launa o ka pilikia, there's no end to the trouble.
- ʻAʻohe oʻu lihi hoihoi, I haven't a particle of interest, not the slightest interest.
- He lihi pili kō mākou, we are remotely related.
- Lihi launa ʻole, not the slightest association.
- ʻAʻole e lilo kahi huna, ʻaʻole hoʻi kahi lihi iki o ke kānāwai (Mat. 5.18), not one jot, not one tittle shall in any wise pass from the law.
- hoʻolihi Caus/sim.; to gird.
3. Right or interest in property.
- He lihi koʻu i laila, I have an interest there.
4. Point of fishhook.
- Kam. 76:77.
5. Pearl-shell lure, as for ʻōpelu fish.
6. Piece of land usually between two ahupuaʻa and of unestablished ownership.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log