1. vs., Raw, as meat; inflamed; red, as a raw wound or as red earth.
- Kole ka ihu, nose inflamed with cold.
- Kole ka waha, wrangling and quarrelsome.
- Kole ke ahi, fire that won't burn because of the dampness of the wood.
- Kole ka ʻāina, the land is bare and red.
- Mālama o kole ka lae, careful or your forehead will be skinned.
- Cf. hakukole, kolekole, mākole, ʻōkole kaʻaka, koaka.
- PPN tole.
2. n., Weak and spent, as an old plant.
3. n., Surgeonfish (Ctenochaetus strigosus 🌐).
- Kole maka onaona, sweet-eyed kole [said of attractive people, as the eye of this fish is considered beautiful].
4. nvt., Story; to tell stories, talk.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log