1. nvs., To remain, exclude, exempt; remaining, left over, excessive, missing, spare; remainder, additional, surplus, excess; except; to be obtained; soon, about to; almost, but, only thing remaining, not yet.
- Koe is much used in idioms: Koe aku ia, except for this; this is not known or included; I don't know.
- Koe kēia, except for this, however, but, furthermore.
- Koe ʻole kahi, without a single exception.
- ʻUmi minuke i koe, kani ka hola ʻelima, ten minutes before five [remaining ten minutes, sound the fifth hour].
- ʻAʻohe hana a koe aku! No work is left! Oh, what doings! ʻAʻohe huhū a koe aku! [He] couldn't have been more angry! Inā e mimi, ʻaʻohe koe ʻāina i ka lilo i ka wai (For. 5:139), if [he] urinates, there is no land that is not carried off by the water [i.e., all the land becomes water].
- He ʻai mai koe, will soon be eating.
- Hele maila nā koa … nānā ʻia aku, he hōʻea mai koe, the soldiers are coming … look, they'll soon be arriving! ʻO ka iʻa koe, the fish not yet gotten.
- ʻO ka iʻa i koe, the fish that remain.
- ʻAne kipi wale aku nō koe o kēia keiki (For. 4:260), this boy does everything but rebel.
- PPN toe.
2. nvt., To scratch, claw, scrape; to strike, as a match; to card wool; to strip or split, as pandanus leaves; to clean off pulp, as of mulberry bark; to pull a stick with hooks through the water to impale fish; garden rake, wool carder; stripper for pandanus leaves, formerly a thorn, now either a board with razor blades and phonograph needles over which the leaves are drawn, or a stripping machine.
- PCP toe.
3. To spit.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log