1. vi., To cheep, chirp.
- PCP tio.
2. nvi., Projection, protuberance, bubo; to protrude.
- ʻAʻohe kio pōhaku nalo i ke alo pali, on the face of a cliff, not one jutting rock is hidden from sight [no use being secretive].
3. Same as kaunaʻoa #2, a mollusk.
- PPN tio.
4. interjection, Word used in reply to a question one does not care to answer, somewhat like rude English “What's it to you?”
- E hele ana ʻolua i hea? Kio. Where are you two going? Kio.
5. n., Cords made of hibiscus bark used as drawstrings of a large net.
6. n., Mock warfare, training in warfare by combat (And.); according to Malo 66 kaua kio is mock warfare with blunted spears. (Ka-welo's warriors greet him as he returns from fishing by hurling spears at him for him to dodge or parry: FS 52.)
7. n., Mussels.
- See kio nahawele.
- PPN kio.
Moʻolelo loli i Wehewehe Wikiwiki ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log