kāohi/ kā.ohi /
- Hiki ʻole ke kāohi, unrestrained, uncontrollable.
- Kāohi iāia iho, to control himself.
- E kāohi iho ʻoe i kou manaʻo kolohe, repress your mischievous thoughts.
- Kāohi nā aliʻi iāia e noho, ʻaʻole ʻoia i ʻae mai, the chiefs tried to make him stay but he didn't consent.
- Ka pali kāohi kumu aliʻi o ʻIao, the cliff withholding chiefly origins of ʻIao [burial place of chiefs].
- Kāohi waʻa … kāohi aku (FS 127), to hold a canoe in place with a paddle while others cast for bonito.
- See ex., ʻuoʻuo.
- PPN taʻofi, PNP taaʻofi.
2. nvt., Style of chanting in which prolonged vowels are cut off with glottal stops; to chant thus.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log