1. nvs., Human being, man, person, individual, party, mankind, population; subject, as of a chief; laborer, servant, helper; attendant or retainer in a family (often a term of affection or pride); human sacrifice (FS 111); physique; human, manly, pregnant, inhabited; Hawaiian; private individual or party, as distinguished from the government.
- Koʻu kanaka, my helper, servant, etc.
- Kaʻu kanaka, my man selected for a purpose.
- Kanaka nō! A real man! Well done! People have come.
- Mahalo ʻia ke kāne i ke kanaka maikaʻi (FS 205), the man was admired for his handsome physique.
- He kanaka maoli, a true human, a mortal.
- I wawā ʻia nō he hale kanaka, na wai e wawā ka hale kanaka ʻole? (name song for Kaʻahumanu), the inhabited house sounds with voices, who would talk loud in an uninhabited house?
- Singular; cf. the plural, kānaka.
- PPN tangata.
2. n., After end of the float of a canoe.
3. n., Clitoris.
4. (Cap.) nvs., Canada; Canadian.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log