kaʻawale/ kaʻa.wale /
nvt., Separate, free, different, apart, spare, alone, unoccupied, empty; to separate, isolate or reserve, withdraw; free time, opportunity; to take interval (military command); distance separating places or objects.
- Kahi kaʻawale, wahi kaʻawale, empty space or place, secluded or isolated place, aside.
- Manawa kaʻawale, spare or free time.
- ʻEono mile ke kaʻawale, six miles away.
- Kū kaʻawale, to stand apart, entirely different; independent.
- ʻA ʻohe wahi kaʻawale o kēia pahu, there's no room left in this box.
- ʻA ʻohe kaʻawale o kēia keiki i ka makua kāne, this boy is the exact image of his father [nothing independent or different].
- Mawaena o lāua, ʻewalu anana ke kaʻawale (FS 145), eight fathoms distance between the two.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log