kāpapa/ kā.papa /
2. vi., Voracious in appetite, destructive.
- Niuhi kāpapa o ka moana, shark of the deep sea, voracious in appetite [an epithet for Kamehameha I].
3. nvi., Rhythmic tapping of canoe side with a paddle to drive fish into a net; to do so.
- Kāpapa ulua, to drive ulua thus; figuratively, to obtain a human victim or sacrifice him (FS 143); priest who makes the sacrifice.
4. vi., To do in unison, as of crowing cocks; all together.
- Ā hiki i ka wanaʻao, kāpapa ana nā moa, when morning arrived, the cocks crossed together.
5. n., A variety of sweet potato (no data).
- For. 5:664–5.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log