- Kai kāne (Kep. 183), strong sea.
- Hana keiki kāne, man's work requiring strength.
- See kāne o ka pō.
- PPN taʻane.
2. (Cap.) n., The leading of the four great Hawaiian gods: see HM 42–66.
- PCP Taane.
3. (Cap.) n., Name of the 27th night of the lunar month.
4. (Cap.) n., Name of a sacred star, seen by priests as portending great misfortune, as the death of a chief; perhaps a variable like Mira or Algol, or even a nova.
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. / This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.