In fast speech, often preceded by ke.
- Inoa laula, inoa nui, general name.
- Ola ka inoa, the name lives [a family name is given to a child].
- PPN hingoa.
2. n., Namesake.
- E hele aku māua me Inoa, we'll go with Namesake [said only by one of his own namesake; the possessive may be omitted; also used in the vocative].
3. n., An affectionate term for affinal relatives, or in-laws of in-laws, or relatives usually not related by blood.
4. Name chant or song.
- He inoa no ka lani (chant), a name chant in honor of the chief.
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. / This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.