1. nvs., Strong, powerful, sturdy, stalwart, potent; strength, force, energy, might, vigor, determination (rare) (usually pronounced ikeika; Gram. 2.7).
- hoʻoikaika, hōʻikaika Caus/sim.; To make a great effort, work hard, encourage, animate, strengthen, fortify, try, strive, strain; calisthenics.
- Hoʻoikaika Kalikiano, Christian Endeavor Society.
- Hoʻoikaika kino, body-building exercise.
- Pili hoʻoikaika kino, relating to body building, athletic.
- Pōhaku hoʻoikaika, stones lifted as a test of strength.
- E hoʻoikaika ana au e hana i kēia, Iʻm going to make a great effort to do this.
- Ua hoʻomaka ʻia nā hoʻoikaika pāloka ʻana ma waena o nā kālaiʻāina ʻekolu, political campaigns were begun by three political parties; literally, ballot strengthening.
2. n., A name reported for Jupiter.