1. n., Nose, snout, beak, bill, trunk of air elephant, toe of a shoe; a kiss.
- Moe ka ihu o ka puaʻa, the nose of the pig is laid down [a pig offered as a sacrifice].
- Kū ka ihu, elevated nose; figuratively,, superior, proud.
- ʻElepani ihu peleleu (song), longtrunked elephant.
- ʻUme i ka ihu, to draw on the nose [with the hand, i.e., to weep].
- Laʻa ka ihu iā Kekalukalu-o-kēwa (Laie 505), reserve the kiss for Kekalukalu-o-kēwā.
- Aia i ka ihu a ka lio ka ʻai, the food is at the horse's nose [in the direction the horse is going].
2. n., Prow or bow of a canoe or ship.
3. n., Thick end of pearl-shell shank.
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. ｜ This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.