humuhumu/ humu.humu /
1. Reduplication of humu; to sew, of many or continuously.
- E hoʻouna ana mākou i nā puke e paʻi ʻia a e humuhumu ʻia, we are sending the books to be printed and bound.
2. n., Trigger fish.
- PPN sumusumu.
3. n., A variety of taro with coloring like that of the humuhumu (fish); the leaf stem is pink at base, dark-purple midway and green above.
- HP 18, 32.
4. n., A dark-colored birthmark, believed to be the result of the pregnant mother's eating humuhumu (fish).
- ʻAi humuhumu ka maʻi i nā kānaka, the disease ravaged the people.
6. n., Seam.
- See komo humuhumu.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log