1. loc.n. After, behind, last, late, younger, subsequent, residue, next, back, rear, aft, posterior, stern of a vessel, fate (see ex., nalu #2); afterwards; those behind.
- I hope, in back, behind, astern [does not refer to time].
- Hope loa, youngest, very last, final, ultimate.
- Kāhāhā ʻo hope (FS 255), those behind were astonished.
- Ke keiki hope loa, the very last child, the youngest.
- Mahope makou a Liliʻu-lani (song), we are supporters of Liliʻu-lani.
- Noʻonoʻo ʻo hope nei … (FS 255), the people in the rear thought … Mahope aku au, Iʻll come later.
- Ma keia hope iho, from now on.
- PPN sope.
2. n. Result, conclusion, end, purpose, sequel, consequence, supplement.
- Nā hana hope ʻole, inconsequential deeds, deeds without result.
- Ka hope o ka helu naʻau, the supplement of the mental arithmetic.
3. n. Deputy, substitute, assistant, adjutant, representative, surety, successor, proxy, acting officer, supporter, vice-, agent, factor.
4. n. Posterior, buttocks.
- Malo ma kō ʻUmi hope (FS 123), loincloth on ʻUmi's buttocks.
5. n. Second brew of kava.
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.