holowaʻa/ holo.waʻa /
1. n., Trough, especially vessel in which kava was mixed; oblong box, coffin, chest, cradle; furrow, as for planting sugar cane.
- Holowaʻa waiho aniani, handmade mirror fitted into a wooden frame, as of wiliwili wood.
- Kau i ka lani ka holowaʻa ua o Hilo, placed in the heavens is the rain trough of Hilo [admiration for one of regal bearing].
2. n., Sheath covering coconut flowers.
3. n., Shuttle into which the bobbin of a sewing machine is slipped after it is filled with thread.
4. n., A kind of fish net.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log