holopapa/ holo.papa /
1. n., Shelf, ledge, rack, frame on which tapa and other articles were laid; flooring.
- Kau holopapa, to place on the rack; one of chiefly blood (even though he did not know his genealogy), so called because he was entitled to place his belongings on a separate rack so that they might not be defiled by the possessions of others (Malo 56).
2. vi., To spread, overrun, prevail, overcome, control, defeat; everywhere, completely.
- Holopapa ka hana, work done successfully.
- He niuhi ʻai holopapa o ka moku, the niuhi shark that devours all the island [a powerful warrior].
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log