1. vi. To run, sail, ride, go; to flow, as water; to run, as for political office; to slide, as an avalanche; fleet, fast; double time; landslide; to fare, progress.
- Holo ka hana, fast work.
- Ua holo ka ulu ʻana o ka pēpē, the baby is growing fast.
- Ka mea e holo ana, whatever goes; however it goes or happens.
- Pehea ka holo ʻana? How is it going? What fortune?
- Cf. holoholo, holo i mua, holo lio, holomoku.
- PPN solo .
2. vs. Decided, determined, agreed upon, settled, approved, passed, enacted.
- Ua holo kō kāua manaʻo, we have agreed.
- Ua holo ke kumu kūʻai, the price is agreed upon.
3. n. Noose.
4. n. Running hula step to the side; similar to kāholo except that the feet are not necessarily brought together
5. n. A long bundle, as of hard poi.
6. vt. To sew, as a break in a gourd calabash.
- See holoholo #2, and kāholo #2.
- PPN solosolo .
7. n. Holes in edge of a canoe, through which lashings were passed to hold a canoe cover in place.
- Malo 135.
8. n. Diagonal pole or strut attached to the inner side of the roof framework and extending obliquely from the upper end of a rafter at one corner to the lower end of the rafter at the other corner.
9. n. Loss of a pebble in the kōnane game.
- For. 4:57.
10. n. Hall.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log