- Hiki ʻole, impossible, can't do.
- Pau ka hiki, no longer able to do; impotent.
- Hiki iāia ke hele mai, he can come; he may [has permission to] come.
- E hiki ana, when possible.
- Ka lā e hiki ana, any possible day.
- Ka manawa e hiki ana, any possible time.
- Hoʻi maila ia ā hiki i Waikīkī (FS 41), he came back to [until arrived at] Waikīkī.
- Ua paʻa ia ʻōlelo ā hiki i keia wā, this story has been preserved until this time.
- Ā hiki lāua malaila (FS 45), when they got there.
- ʻAʻole i hiki mai, did not come, absent.
- Hiki honua, to happen suddenly, unexpectedly, by chance.
- Ua hiki ka lā, aia i luna (FS 39), the sun has risen, there [it] is above.
4. vi., Next.
- Nā makahiki kanalima e hiki mai ana, the next fifty years.
5. vt., To fetch, carry back and forth (less used than lawe).
- E hiki mai ʻoe i ka pakeke, fetch the bucket.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log