1. vi., To throw or fling violently; to haul energetically with ropes; to get into action, as play or sport; to pursue with energy, as love-making.
- Hiu ā wela, ardent and persistent love-making; to take by storm.
- Hiu aku nei ʻoia i ka puʻupuʻu, he swung into action with his fists.
- E kū i ka malo ā hiu (Malo 146), stand up with [your] malo and go to it.
- Hiu nō au ā naʻu ʻoe, Iʻll sweep you off your feet.
- PCP fiu.
2. vt., To elevate, hoist, as by block and tackle.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log