1. nvt., To count, number, compute, take a census, figure, enumerate, list, include, impute (Oihk. 7.18); to assess, as taxes; to chant a list of names, as of genealogy; including, counting, enumeration, census, list, rate, number, figure, total, inventory; statistics.
- Helu ʻekahi, number one, best.
- Helu ʻole ʻia, not counted, excluded.
- Poʻe helu ukana, shipping clerks.
- He mau mea helu bālota, election tellers.
- Mīkina helu, adding machine; comptometer.
- He lehulehu loa kēia poʻe, ke helu ʻia nā kāne, a me nā wāhine, these people are very many, counting men and women.
2. nvs., Arithmetic, score, reckoning, account; serial; volume (in a series); numbered.
- Pona helu, serial bond.
- Aʻo i ka helu, to learn arithmetic.
- Helu a nā kamaliʻi, children's counting [a game].
3. A few.
- He mau lā helu wale nō i koe, only a few days left.
4. vt., To scratch the earth, as a hen; to dig with the fingers; to paw the earth, as an angry bull.
- Neʻepapa ka helu a ka lā i Punahoa, the sun scratched everywhere at Punahoa [a long fight].
- See māhelu.
- PPN selu.
5. vt., To grumble, list offenses or complaints, especially about lack of gratitude or appreciation.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log