hāpai/ hā.pai /
- Hāpai pū, to carry together; carry arms [a military command].
- Hāpai i ka leo, to lift up the voice, as in song.
- No ka hoʻohanohano ʻana iaʻu, i koʻu hāpai ʻia ʻana i kiaʻāina, honoring me in my elevation to the governorship.
- Kou hāpai ʻana (Kin. 3.16), your conception.
3. n., A native variety of banana with trunk of medium height, the fruit maturing within it, about two-thirds of the way up. The fruits are small, finger length, and ten or less; their skin is yellow, and the flesh yellow, sweet, and edible raw.
- HP 175, Neal 250.
- Ua hāpai ʻoia e inu ka ʻāina apau i ka lama, he encouraged everyone in the land to drink rum.
Moʻolelo loli i Wehewehe Wikiwiki ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log