1. nvt., Work, labor, job, employment, occupation, duty, office, activity, function, practice, procedure, process, deal, incident, reason, action, act, deed, task, service, behavior; to work, labor, do, behave, commit, make, manufacture, create, transact, perform, prepare, happen; to develop, as a picture; to have a love affair (FS 115); to induce by sorcery; to handle (as a court case); to conduct (as a class). (Translated by many English words, but seldom by ‘work’.)
- Hana ʻia, made, completed, wrought.
- Ka haʻi ʻana i ka hana aku, active voice.
- Poʻe hana, workers, employees.
- Maikaʻi ka hana, well done.
- Hana ā maikaʻi, fix.
- Ka haʻi ʻana i ka hana ʻia mai, passive verb.
- I … hana, when; as; while; at the time that.
- I hele aku kona hana, ua lilo ka pāpale, when he went, the hat was gone.
- Mea hana, tool; task; offering to ʻaumākua gods.
- Ke hana mai ʻo Pele i kāna hana, when Pele does her work.
- Ka hana ia a ka loea, ʻo ke akamai paheʻe ʻulu (chant), that is the way an expert does, smart in bowling.
- ʻO ka hana, ua hana ʻia.
- the work has been done [a completed task].
- Hana maikaʻi i ka ʻāina, clear the soil well.
- ʻAʻohe kona he maʻi maoli, he maʻi hana ʻia, his is not a natural sickness, it is induced by sorcery.
- Hana ʻia maila ka wai ā ʻono (Puk. 15.25), the waters were made sweet.
2. vs., Worthless; provoked.
- ʻAi mai nei hana kanaka a waiho mai nei i nā pā naʻu e holoi. This worthless person ate and left the dishes for me to wash.
- Cf. hana wale.
4. Same as hahana, warm.
5. n., Notch, as in a tree.
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. ｜ This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.