1. nvi. House, building, institution, lodge, station, hall; to have a house.
- Ua hale mākou, we have a house.
- E hoʻohale ʻia aku, he makamaka ola, extend the hospitality of the house, [he is] a friend who extends appreciation.
- PPN fale .
2. n. Host, hospitable person.
- He hale leo ʻole aku ia, he is a kindly hospitable friend.
- Cf. hale aikāne, hale kipa.
3. n. Name listed by Brigham for a pāwehe mat pattern; there is a central large lozenge with an enclosed rectangular figure internally enhanced with red on alternate weft crossings.
4. Also hare. Hare.
- Oihk. 11.6.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log