1. n. Shelf, perch, platform; roost, as for chickens; fish spear rack; rack for suspending water gourds and other household objects; rack attached to booms of double canoe to hold spears and other objects; ladder (see alahaka, haka ʻūlili).
- Haka kau a ka manu, a perch for birds to light upon [a promiscuous woman].
- PPN fata.
- Haka waiwai (Kep. 117), recipient of wealth.
3. n. Crested feather helmet, so called because the crest perches on the helmet.
- (Hal. 22.17) Haka hele, to stare or examine carefully as one walks.
- Ua haka malū aku kona mau maka i ka mea ʻilihune (Hal. 10.8), his eyes are privily set against the poor.
6. vt. To place wood in a ground oven, to lay an oven fire.
7. n. Heart, hearts, in a deck of cards.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log