1. nvt., To break or snap, as a stick; broken; fracture, joint, break.
2. vt., To say, tell, mention, state, declare, confess.
- Ka haʻi ʻana, the telling, annunciation.
- Kona haʻi maoli ʻana i kona hewa, the true confession of his offense.
- Cf. haʻina, haʻi pōkole.
- PNP faki , PNP faaki .
3. loc.n., Edge, border (not used with the articles).
- Lepo ma haʻi o ke kalo (Kep. 155), dirt on the edge of the taro.
4. vi., Coquettish, flirtatious; to flirt.
- Ke holo mai nei ʻo Halaki haʻi ʻē nā pua i ke kula, as Charlotte rides along, the youngsters of the plains had become coy.
- Kāna hele hoʻohaʻi lua ʻana ma ka ʻaluheʻe nohoʻi maʻō a maʻaneʻi, her swaying walk, sagging this way and that.
6. n., House.
7. pronoun, Someone else, another person; another place, elsewhere . Not used with articles: Gram. 8.2.
- No haʻi, for someone else.
- Aia nō iā haʻi nā ʻāina o mākou (Neh. 5.5), other men have our lands.
- Hoʻolei ke ʻaʻā apau ma haʻi ā maikaʻi, throw all the stones somewhere else so [the garden] will be fine.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log