hāpuʻupuʻu/ hā.puʻu.puʻu /
1. n., Young hāpuʻu ferns that have not yet developed trunks.
2. n., Young stage of hāpuʻu fish.
3. Same as ʻāpuʻupuʻu; rough, bumpy, pimpled; impediment, as of speech; to speak with an impediment; obscured, as by mist.
4. n., A mound, as for playing marbles.
5. Same as hāʻupuʻupu, sweet potato sprouts.
6. Same as hāpuʻu, taro: the plant is said to be distinguished by its leaf stems: yellow-green above, and dark brownish on lower half. The corms yield good light-colored poi, the leaves good greens.
- HP 17, 32.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log