greetingPukui-Elbert Eng to Haw, Loulou paʻa ｜ Permalinkno ｜ for greeting, Pukui-Elbert, Eng to Hwn
- The old greetings were: aloha, ʻanoʻai, welina me ke aloha.
- Post-missionary greetings include: aloha kakahiaka, good morning; aloha ahiahi, good afternoon, good evening.
- The farewell greeting was ā hui hou aku or aloha. These were said also for good night, as for leaving a meeting, but not within the home.
- To extend greeting, aloha aku, kāhea, oha, eʻe, aʻa.
- To press noses in greeting, honi.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log