1. The act of catching; grasping, or seizing; a catch.
2. The hand fully extended as though about to span or encircle something; a span.
3. A clasping in the arms; an embrace.
4. The act of receiving, admitting, or welcoming others.
5. Acceptance; admission; reception.
6. The art or process of taking into the mind; mental acceptance.
7. A hoop; a band: Apo hao, iron hoop.
8. The parenthesis.
9. An ornamental ring, band, or chain encircling the wrist or arm; a bracelet.
10. A ring or hook passed through the lobe of the ear; earring.
11. A circle.
12. A strap or band for the waist; a girdle; a belt.
13. The union of the malar or cheek bone with the temporal bone.