aloalo/ alo.alo /
1. n., All kinds of hibiscus, including the native white hibiscus (Hibiscus arnottianus 🌐); often called pua aloalo, pualoalo.
2. n., Squilla (Pseudosquilla ciliata 🌐, Lysiosquilla maculata 🌐), highly desired as food. Also Squilla sp.
3. Loved and served by many persons, as a chief or favorite child; esteemed.
- Haku o Hawaiʻi he inoa, hānau aloalo aʻu a Keʻelikōlani (chant for Prince of Hawaiʻi), his title is Prince of Hawaiʻi, child of Keʻelikōlani, mine, born with many to serve and love [him].
- Cf. alo.
4. n., Tapa made from māmaki mixed with wauke.
- Kam. 76:115.
- Perhaps PNP aloalo .
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log