1. n. Shadow.
- Aka lehulehu, shadow of the multitude; fig., a well-worn path.
- Ili i ke aka, to cast a shadow.
- ʻŌlelo i ke aka ka hele hoʻokahi, one going alone talks to the shadow.
- Cf. hoaka #4.
- PPN ʻata.
2. nvi. Reflection, image, likeness (Nah. 12.8); faint glimmer preceding the rising of the moon; essence of an offering rather than the flesh; to appear, of moonlight.
- Many words compounded with aka express clarity, brightness, related to this meaning.
- ʻO ke aka kā ʻoukou, ē ke akua, ʻo ka ʻiʻo kā mākou, yours is the essence, O god, ours the material part.
- Cf. hoaka #3.
- PPN ata.
3. n. Embryo at the moment of conception.
4. n. Newly hatched fish in the stage in which its body is still transparent.
5. n. Knuckles, as of hands or ankles; joints of the backbone; node and stalk of kava; kava slip for planting.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log