nvs., Heap, pile, collection, mound, mass; altar, shrine, cairn; a traplike stone enclosure made by fishermen for fish to enter; laid, as the earth oven.
- Ahu kele, mud heap; muddy.
- Ahu ka pula! A heap of excreta [hence worthless; sometimes shortened to ahu only or to e ahu ana]!
- Ahu ka ʻalaʻala! A heap of squid ink! Not worth much!
- Ahu wawā, a great din.
- Ahu ili, a large inheritance or transfer [said of reward, vengeance].
- Ahu ʻenaʻena, a red-hot heap [an oven].
- Ahu kapanaha iā Hawaiʻi ʻimi loa (Kep. 143), a mass of wondrous things in deep-delving Hawaiʻi.
- Cf. ahu waiwai, ahuwale, Oʻahu.
- PPN afu .
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log