1. nvs., Land, earth, world; background, as of quilt designs; basic, at the foundation, fundamental.
- Kaua honua, world war.
- Ka wahine ʻai honua, the earth-eating woman [Pele].
- See lani.
- PPN fanua.
2. particle, Suddenly, abruptly and without reason.
- Huha honua ihola nō, suddenly angry and for no reason.
- Makaʻu honua ihola nō ia, sudden fear.
- Cf. kūhonua.
3. n., Middle section of a canoe; central section of a canoe fleet, as fishing iheihe fish; main section, as of an army.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log