ʻulaʻula/ ʻula.ʻula /
1. Reduplication of ʻula #1; bay, as a horse.
- ʻUlaʻula o ke ahi, the red of fire; figuratively, a flush of intoxication, newly distilled liquor.
- ʻIli ʻulaʻula a naʻau ʻulaʻula, venom-tongued and heart filled with hate.
2. n., Various red snappers of the family Lutjanidae 🌐 as Etelis marshi.
3. n., A native variety of taro, with red or purple petioles, small leaf blades with purple piko, reddish flowers, the corms used for both poi and table taro, grown in wetland and upland culture.
- Whitney 50–52.
4. The cardinal, Kentucky cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis 🌐), established in about 1930
5. n., Blood.
6. n., A red tapa.
7. n., A variety of sugar cane.
- HP 222, 225.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log