- Kona iwi, his [own] bone.
- Kāna iwi, his bone [as a chicken bone he is chewing on].
- Iwi koko, bloody bones [a living person].
- Iwi koko ʻole, bones without blood [a dead person] .
- Kō iwi, your own interests, your own.
- Hana nō i kā kō iwi, do for your own bones [take care of your own interests].
- Kō kō iwi ʻāina hānau, your own land of birth.
- Cf. iwi hala.
3. n., Remnants, pieces, as of coral in a lime pit after lime is extracted by burning, or as pieces of broken glass.
4. n., Corncob.
5. n., Stones or earth ridge marking land boundary.
6. n., Long line, as of surf.
7. n., Midrib, as of pili grass or ti leaf.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log