1. n., Stairs, jogs, steps, terrace, dais, ledge
- 1 Nal. 6.6.
2. n., Tower in ancient heiau, about 7 m high and 5.5 m square, as enclosed with white ʻōloa tapa.
- Cf. nuʻu #1.
3. nvi., Sprain, strain, disjointed vertebra; to stumble, trip, sprain; to land heavily or jar, as when one steps down but there is no step; jarred.
- Figuratively, error, slip; to err.
- Cf. māui.
4. n., A step between two notes on a musical staff.
- Pili ʻanuʻu, to go up an interval (in music).
5. Noun indicating comparison of adjectives.
- ʻAnuʻu kumu, basic stage.
- ʻAnuʻu waena, comparative degree.
- ʻAnuʻu loa, superlative degree.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log