1. num. One (especially in counting in a series).
- Pōʻakahi, Monday.
- ʻA kahi kahi ana, ʻo ka ʻEwa iki, ʻo ka ʻEwa nui, a single unit, then lesser ʻEwa and greater ʻEwa.
2. idiom, For the first time, never before (usually followed by nō).
- ʻAkahi nō ʻoe ā hiki maʻaneʻi? Is this the first time you have come here? Have you ever been here before?
- ʻAkahi nō au ā ʻike iā Hilo, this is the first time I’ve seen Hilo.
- ʻAkahi nō au ā lohe i ka hekili, I’ve never heard such thunder.
- Gram. 4.6.
3. idiom, To have just.
- ʻAkahi nō ā pau kaʻu haʻawina, my lesson is just finished.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log