- ʻAe waha, oral agreement.
- ʻAe wale, to agree easily; pliable.
- Ua ʻae mai ʻoia i koʻu hele, he consented to my going.
- Cf. aʻe nei.
- PCP ʻ.a(a)e.
- ʻAe limu, juice remaining on the pounding board after seaweed (limu) is pounded; mixed with salt it is used to flavor sauce for ʻōʻio or other fish.
- Kahe ka ʻae o ka waha, mouth saliva flows [mouth waters; fig., to desire avidly].
- ʻAe kī, fine portions of ti root baked in the oven; to break ti root so cooked into fine bits.
- ʻAe moa, downy chicken feathers.
- hō.ʻae To make fine, pulverize, refine, soften.
- He ahi ʻā nopu hōʻae, a hot glowing fire that pulverizes.
4. vi., To rise, of the tide.
5. n., A native fern (Polypodium pellucidum) commonly seen at Kīlauea Volcano. It has oblong fronds 15 to 40 cm long, once divided into about fifteen or more pairs of oblong segments, each of which bears many round fruit dots.
- Neal 25.
- Cf. ʻae lau nui.
6. Same as ʻaʻae.
7. n., Shoots from main root portion of the wauke plant.
- See ohi #3.
8. See ʻae kai, water's edge.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log